Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncros sorted

Thanks Dave for sorting out my gearbox syncros , saved waiting 2/3 weeks 😄

How much does. A refurb cost? I'd you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I was only originally doing 5 th which was 30 just for the ring
      But then when it was taken apart turns out they were all worn 😞 the other syncros are kits with more than one part so got bit more expensive 300
      That's just the parts no labour

Comment

Oh so you built it up yourself?

Comment

no plus labour, they quoted me 230.00 plus vat

Comment

Damn, synchro are made of gold your side of the pond ! I paid the equivalent of 135 for all the synchro (1-5 + reverse) shipped to my door all original Mitsubishi part. I have double synchro on 2-3-4 gear on my evo 1 (modified gearbox).

I guess Tim Zimmer (twicks69 on here) have a good connection for cheap mitsi part.

Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Evo Sergio View Post
              Damn, synchro are made of gold your side of the pond ! I paid the equivalent of 135 for all the synchro (1-5 + reverse) shipped to my door all original Mitsubishi part. I have double synchro on 2-3-4 gear on my evo 1 (modified gearbox).

I guess Tim Zimmer (twicks69 on here) have a good connection for cheap mitsi part.

Serge
              I will want the full kit soon......is Tim a dealer from US?

Comment

Yes Tim is located in the US ... Waukesha in the Wisconsin IIRC. Even with shipping it should be cheaper. If the price between Tim quote and Ed quote is different by a couple penny, I suggest you encourage local economy ;)

He was also able to have synchroniser hub and sleeve. He is very professional and have plenty of knowledge in the DSM transmission area.

http://www.tmzperformance.com/

Serge
                Last edited by Evo Sergio; 20-03-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X