Recent Dyno Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Dyno Results

Really chuffed with the end results despite it nearly not happening and it taking an eternity to get here!

The story goes the car has been on and off the road a while although some may remember it as I think its been owned by a couple of other forum members over the years; Dubberz, Boughtitcheap and xlr8 from what I can tell although there may be more? I bought it with what was a long standing issue of stalling under hard acceleration so the run down to the Surrey Rolling Road from West Yorkshire was probably as far as the car has gone in the last 4 years of my ownership! At Newport Pagnell Services it wouldn't start as the fuse on the new Bosch fuel pump had burned out (cheap fuse obviously not rated to 30A) and then I noticed my voltage was down to 13V shortly afterwards followed by 10V about half an hour away! I thought the alternator had failed as I pulled in and I'd be getting a tow home but turned out to be a faulty gauge, what I thought was a genuine VDO but must have been a cheap chinese knock off. No Super at Newport Pagnell either so had to fill up with ordinary unleaded for the final leg of the journey and the dyno run!

Anyway, thanks to Ed and the team who did a great job but must have been thinking "what are the chances of this making a pull on the dyno?!" given my arrival.

Final result was 330bhp @ 1.1 bar. There was a little boost creep with the first peak just short of 1 bar @ 3500 rpm and just over 1.1 from 5000 rpm to redline.

The car is an Evo 1 with the following mods now:

Fuel System - Custom tank in boot with Facet Red Top pump lifting to a Swirl Pot then dropping down to a Bosch 044 under where the rear seats were. Also has a Sytec FPR and is on stock injectors.

Exhaust - Stainless manifold, straight through down pipe with Vortex in 2.5"

Intake - 2.25" Intake and bigger aftermarket intercooler, S90 70mm throttle body, HKS Mushroom Air Filter. 50/50 Methanol/Water injection on progressive controller starting at 5-6psi and maxing at 1 bar.

Turbo - Standard 16g from an Evo 3, Turbosmart MBC and Actuator

ECU - ECMlink

I think considering its a non forged engine and not running crazy boost it did pretty well, so top marks Ed and the team! Its transformed the car driveability wise as well and the extra 40-50bhp from where it started will take a little getting use to. All in all a great service from Fusion, thanks Ed.

That's an excellent result. Ed knows his onions:)

Comment

Good result

I owned that in 2009-10 & was originally bought as a non-runner from an ad on 'Piston-heads'
      It had some upgraded parts but was put back to standard just to get it running / serviced + belts / MOT
      There were no other owners on here, except for the ones that you've mentioned

I subsequently sold it to a guy in Guernsey.
      It went over but apparently had very little use & was p/exed against a VW owned by 'Dubberz' back here
      He sold it to 'Boughtitcheap' who put the arches etc on it

Comment

Originally posted by xlr8 View Post
        Good result

I owned that in 2009-10 & was originally bought as a non-runner from an ad on 'Piston-heads'
        It had some upgraded parts but was put back to standard just to get it running / serviced + belts / MOT
        There were no other owners on here, except for the ones that you've mentioned

I subsequently sold it to a guy in Guernsey.
        It went over but apparently had very little use & was p/exed against a VW owned by 'Dubberz' back here
        He sold it to 'Boughtitcheap' who put the arches etc on it
        Cheers for the history, interesting to know where it's been etc. There was some paperwork from Guernsey from when I bought it but thought that was longer ago for some reason.

Comment

Working...
        X