Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evo 1/2/3 Brembo big brake kit from 599!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Evo brembos don't just bolt upto the early hubs. Firstly they take 32mm thick disks which at the standard offset catch the bottom arm, and second there isn't an easy way to make a bracket to fit them on.
    Also, the difference between using this brembo kit and one put together from parts sourced yourself is all these bits are brand new. New calipers, new disks, new pads etc. If you were to price up the parts to make a kit using the evo brembos it would come to more than 650.
    The third good thing about this kit is the replacement disks are only around 100 a set and that's OEM too.
    Fourthly, as they're radial mount calipers the bracket will be stronger than a lug mount adaptor, and they can be transferred to any car with just a new bracket.

Comment

Do you do a set for the rears?

Comment

Originally posted by ant1 View Post
        Do you do a set for the rears?
        You would need more than just rear brembos mate, the stock rear calipers on the earlies have an integrated handbrake function, not a drum handbrake like the IV and later evos.

So for rear Brembos, you would need to change out the rear hub, etc, to later evo items.

As is, our cars are as light, that you can quite easily get away with just upgrading the fronts.

Actually, just ask Freakyparts about his Willwood Dynalites. They blow Brembos clean out the water dude...

Comment

^^^ What he said :D
          The rears are doable. There are calipers out there with the handbrake caliper built in, but by the time you've bought the calipers, fabricated the brackets and sorted the disks out, there's not much change from 800. Given the fronts can be done for 600 not many people want to spend the money there when most of the time a refresh of the pads, disks and hoses - and a caliper service makes them a lot better.

Comment

Hi Guys

I've got one set of 4 pot Brembos left in stock looking for a new home.
            Price to you is 629.00 delivered
            This includes the 316x28mm vented disk option.

I also have various upgrades available for those wanting bigger/lighter disks.

I can do a 2 piece disk, with aluminium bells in various sizes.
            For a 315x28mm 2 piece disk option, the price would be 939.00 plus delivery.
            For a 330x28mm 2 piece disk option, the price would be 954.00 plus delivery.
            For a 335x28mm 2 piece disk option, the price would be 969.00 plus delivery.

Comment

Would this kit fit below enkei nt03's do you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by stevolution View Post
                Would this kit fit below enkei nt03's do you reckon?
                There is a fair chance you will need spacers of some sort but this depends on size and offset. Unfortunately the NT03 and the RPF1 both do not have alot of spoke to caliper clearance for calipers. Hopefully freakyparts has a more precise answer for ya....For reference Sirnixalot runs a 6MM spacer on a 16x7 +43 with the edge of the RX7 caliper ground down on an RPF1 (similar spoke clearances to the NT03).
                Last edited by mean4g; 05-08-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I'll likely need my arches rolled if I'm to space. I'll need to think of something because these brakes look immense.

Comment

Originally posted by stevolution View Post
                    I'll likely need my arches rolled if I'm to space. I'll need to think of something because these brakes look immense.
                    put more camber in it. with a fair amount of camber the front of the evo will actually fit quite large sized tires without touching the fenders... I ran 17x8 +35 with 235/40/17s with the front fender lips rolled. To be honest I didn't even need them rolled...I actually had quite a bit of clearance.

Comment

Good idea actually. I really want these. If they are 100% Brembo then I'll invest in some transfers too.

I'm actually wishing my summer holiday away so I can come home and conjure some cash.

Comment

I've got a template I can email you which you can fit behind your wheel to check for clearance... Only problem is I'm heading away for a week this evening so wont be able to send it over for a week.

After speaking to the company who sell these, the calipers are manufactured in the same factory as the Brembo calipers, they're sold as direct replacement for calipers fitted to Porsches but they're not allowed to sell them branded as Brembo due to licencing restrictions imposed by the manufacturers.

Also, the price on here is 2 years old now, so if you were interested, they'll be a little more expensive as the prices have gone up :) I could do a better price if there were 2 or more orders on them though.

Comment

There's a good chance I can get the superduck interested, won't be right away. We do want a brake upgrade though.

Comment

I am in.

Comment

Sorry I've not been around for the last week, I had to go and spend a week sat by a pool in Zante :D
                              Ok, drop me an email at sales@freakyparts.co.uk and I'll fire over the template for you to check your wheel clearance. If that's all good, we'll get on with them :D

Comment

I just refurbished a set of Leon Cupra R Brembo's:

on eBay atm for 500 so the above is a cracking deal imho

Comment

Working...
                                X