Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evo 1/2/3 Brembo big brake kit from 599!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreakyParts
    started a topic Evo 1/2/3 Brembo big brake kit from 599!

Evo 1/2/3 Brembo big brake kit from 599!

Hi all

I'm currently running a special offer on the Porsche/Brembo big brake kit I sell.

The kit looks like this:

And like this when fitted:

This kit comprises of:

1 pair of brand new Big Red Brembo unbranded radial mount calipers
    1 pair of brand new 316mm plain disks
    1 pair of brand new Hawk HPS fast road pads
    1 pair of custom fabricated brackets
    1 pair of custom front braided hoses

The usual price for the kit is 700 (including the hoses, 675 without) but for a limited time I'm offering this for 629.00. A saving of over 70!

What's more, if I can secure 3 orders together, I will reduce this price down to 599.00!!! a saving of over 100 over the standard kit.

This brake kit uses calipers supplied by Brembo, and are without a logo stuck on them, so you can fit whatever transfers on them you see fit. They are Brembo calipers without the Brembo logo. They use the same pistons, the same seals, the same pads as rebadged Porsche calipers as used on many models.

You will ideally need 17" wheels for these to fit as they are massive. They're even big compared to Evo 5> Brembo kits

This kit has been fitted to several cars and all feedback has been fantastic.
    All prices above are plus shipping, but if you're anywhere local to me we can meet up and do the swap.

• sqdstr
    replied
    Are these kits still for sale?

Leave a comment:

• FreakyParts
    replied
    If you've got nice deep pockets we can do a kit for the rears, but the cost vs reward is quite significant.
    Personally, a decent set of discs/pads and refurbishing the caliper with new sliders, seals etc will see a decent improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Evo1RS
    replied
    The fastest circuit evo here in NZ (a very rapid evo 2rs) runs factory rear calipers and discs with race pads
    HKS CT230R runs factory rear calipers and discs with race pads

2 of my mates have upgraded their evo's rears to Porsche 6 pots and larger discs and neither noticed a radical difference in braking performance.

I really don't think its worth the time money and effort to be honest.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Evo3ov3 View Post
    We bought the Wilwood kit from Freaky parts and are very happy with cost and performance, so Thanks again for that! but now we want to improve the rears, a bit on a budget, just rebuild them or make some later rear huds and calipers fit? but we want to keep our 4 stud wheels? This question must have been asked loads so sorry if everyone's bored with it but can't fiond much except just rebuild the standard? Cheers A and Em.
    Oh, it's a E3 with 17" wheels.
    You just push the 4 stud hub into the wheel bearing. You're not stuck having to run 5 stud if you swap the rears to later Evo type.

TBH, all you need to do is put better pads and discs in the rear. Hardly anyone has fitted uprated rear calipers, unless they've went and done a full hub swap and fitted much bigger front calipers, like a full front and rear Brembo set from a later Evo.

Can't get a better price when on a budget than that.

Leave a comment:

• Evo3ov3
    replied
    We bought the Wilwood kit from Freaky parts and are very happy with cost and performance, so Thanks again for that! but now we want to improve the rears, a bit on a budget, just rebuild them or make some later rear huds and calipers fit? but we want to keep our 4 stud wheels? This question must have been asked loads so sorry if everyone's bored with it but can't fiond much except just rebuild the standard? Cheers A and Em.
    Oh, it's a E3 with 17" wheels.

Leave a comment:

• FreakyParts
    replied
    Ok guys, I've just spoken to the caliper supplier, and those Brembos have gone up massively.
    The kit above would be well over the 600, it's looking more like 750-770 now depending on the bracket manufacturing costs.

A better option would be putting the kit together using the lighter Wilwood Superlite calipers. I'll put another thread up with the costs for a one-off and a order for 2+ and see what you think.

Leave a comment:

• FreakyParts
    replied
    They can be red or carbon or yellow at no extra cost :)

Leave a comment:

• turbodailydan
    replied
    Are the calipers available in black? And what car are the discs from? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mo Arif
    replied
    I just refurbished a set of Leon Cupra R Brembo's:

on eBay atm for 500 so the above is a cracking deal imho

Leave a comment:

• FreakyParts
    replied
    Sorry I've not been around for the last week, I had to go and spend a week sat by a pool in Zante :D
    Ok, drop me an email at sales@freakyparts.co.uk and I'll fire over the template for you to check your wheel clearance. If that's all good, we'll get on with them :D

Leave a comment:

• Supaduck
    replied
    I am in.

Leave a comment:

• stevolution
    replied
    There's a good chance I can get the superduck interested, won't be right away. We do want a brake upgrade though.

Leave a comment:

• FreakyParts
    replied
    I've got a template I can email you which you can fit behind your wheel to check for clearance... Only problem is I'm heading away for a week this evening so wont be able to send it over for a week.

After speaking to the company who sell these, the calipers are manufactured in the same factory as the Brembo calipers, they're sold as direct replacement for calipers fitted to Porsches but they're not allowed to sell them branded as Brembo due to licencing restrictions imposed by the manufacturers.

Also, the price on here is 2 years old now, so if you were interested, they'll be a little more expensive as the prices have gone up :) I could do a better price if there were 2 or more orders on them though.

Leave a comment:

• stevolution
    replied
    Good idea actually. I really want these. If they are 100% Brembo then I'll invest in some transfers too.

I'm actually wishing my summer holiday away so I can come home and conjure some cash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X