Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine did that from time to time. Solution was not to rub my hand across it!

Comment

Originally posted by mikek View Post
      Mike's cheap'n'cheerful way to 300bhp...

slap in a boost controller, set to 1.1bar.

bosh bosh. there you go missus, job done.

You know I have logged on my Evo 3 that I ran out of fuel on a stock fuel pump at .9 bar.... Of course I had a few other supporting mods at the time. Intake, exhaust, and equal length tubular DNP manifold.

Personally .9-1 bar on stock FP is all I would reccomend depending on supporting mods.

heres my evo 3 330BHP cheap and easy build...

-Walbro 190
      -boost controller @ 1.3 bar ( maxxed injectors/logged)
      -intake ( I prefer Blitz SUS steel mesh filter)
      -3" exhaust/decat
      -ported turbine housing/seal ring removed
      -ported 02 housing
      -ebay equal length tubular manifold

Comment

Just adding to this thread.

In the past ive made the big mistake of gathering loads of bits and fitting them at once.. always do it in steps..why? so you can figure out whats wrong incase the bloody thing doesnt run or start afterwards .

eg.. me in my eagerness to find even more powa..decided to fit a new clucth,light weight flkywheel and very agressive cams , a gm maf to ditch the stock afm and an aftermarket ecu to map it with..all in a weekend..

Ogf course it didnt run LOL..as the flywheel was light,(bad idle) plus the camshafts(worse idle) plus the gm maf and the ecu being new to one another ..and all has to be remapped without any baseline whatsoever.. it did run after cocking around with the ignition timing to get some sort of idle so it could warm it

I should have fit and mapped the ecu first to the cars current spec.. then do clutch and flywheel.. then map/check.. then do cams and remap

Comment

One thing to be aware of though is that the new fuel pump (especially with a “fuel pump rewire) can cause too much fuel to flow through and it might overrun the stock fuel pressure regulator
          is it caused from rewiring ?

Comment

Originally posted by geoevo View Post
            is it caused from rewiring ?
            no it's caused from the fuel pump. Re-wire makes it more suseptable to overrun because of the added voltage/flow out of the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by mean4g View Post
              no it's caused from the fuel pump. Re-wire makes it more suseptable to overrun because of the added voltage/flow out of the pump.
              one more question: does rewiring affect on fuel consumption ? meaning, increasing it

and is there any step by step how-to for early evos

Comment

one more question: does rewiring affect on fuel consumption ? meaning, increasing it

and is there any step by step how-to for early evos
                no it doesn't change your fuel mileage. Best bet for a step by step is use www.vfaq.com. Use the 2g eclipse pump rewire posts.

Comment

going to rewire pump...
                  can I take +ve from subwoofer's amplifier wire ? it is a thick wire I took out from battery to the trunk and don't want tu run one more same wire

Comment

going to rewire pump...
                    can I take +ve from subwoofer's amplifier wire ? it is a thick wire I took out from battery to the trunk and don't want tu run one more same wire
                    anything 12 gauge or thicker will work.

Comment

as the amplifier&sub draw lots of energy from battery, won't it be a problem if I use that wire for the pump and amp&sub connected in the end of that same wire ?

Comment

as the amplifier&sub draw lots of energy from battery, won't it be a problem if I use that wire for the pump and amp&sub connected in the end of that same wire ?
                        Sorry I misunderstood your question. Didnt realize you were still going to leave the amplifier hooked up and try to run both the fuel pump and amplifier off the same wire. Yes you are right. Will need two separate wires considering how much the amplifier draws.

Comment

Working...
                        X