Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts - ease of availability

Hi guys long time reader, first time poster

I am quite interested in an Evo 1-3 but was concerned about parts availability given the age of the car and its import-only status. When it comes to serviceable parts and the myriad of bits and pieces you might change like suspension bushings and so forth, how hard are they to get? Can you just get anything you need from a UK Mitsubishi dealer? If so, do you have to know all the part numbers or can they normally find what you need based on a VIN/reg?

Thanks

I've owned numerous Evo's (mostly the 2-3) over many years & not had trouble getting any part as/when required
    from suppliers such as e.g. Camskill, Ebay, US-suppliers, etc
    +
    have never bought anything from a UK Mitsubishi main dealer (ever)
    Last edited by xlr8; 01-03-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Bought a few parts from Mitsubishi but nothing major yet. A couple of bits we've enquired about have been expensive.

Some not so bad but can add up if you need a lot of things.

Comment

Dave@ears is an official trader on here he also stocks and source's early parts. Our cars alao share transferable parts from some DSM cars and some Protons.

Second hand, aftermarket and recon parts are obtainable from guys on here.

Comment

Originally posted by eVoRez View Post
          Dave@ears
          How did I forget Dave in my post
          ....excellent supplier

Comment

as stated I wouldn't even worry about getting hold of parts iv never had any trouble

Comment

in about 7 years of ownership, I have bought just a paint stick from mitsi

Comment

In about 7 years of ownership, I've used various companies for parts, including Mitsi themselves.

There is no problem for parts.

Comment

I heard rumors about parts availability but in all honesty doesn't seem to be a problem, here is a link to all the stuff Camskill do for the earlies:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m8b0s0p0/M...nd_Accessories

As a car I can't think of one that delivers a greater punch and driving experience for the money. Had a Skoob briefly but this is miles better....

Probably just need to be wary with heavily modded cars...

Comment

I use a website called viamoto which stocks OE Mitsubishi and corresponding aftermarket parts where they exist, buying by part number which I get from Mitsubishi CAPS/ASA

Comment

Originally posted by captain_sl0w View Post
                      I use a website called viamoto which stocks OE Mitsubishi and corresponding aftermarket parts where they exist, buying by part number which I get from Mitsubishi CAPS/ASA
                      That's Mike = ex-Camskill ...& also on here

Comment

Yhpm

Comment

Working...
                        X