Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

walbro 255

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • walbro 255

    hey guys ive just purchased a walbro 255 from camskil now when it arrives how easy is it to fit? is it a submerged in tank pump if so do i get to it under back seat through an inspection chamber?or is it located elsewhere?:D

  • #2
    Yep under the back seat



    Comment


    • #3
      first off remove rear seat swab (base ) two clip (white) near carpet under seat
      on drivers side there is a black cover with 4 screw holding it in remove this (also held with black dum dum)
      then you will see one electrical plug and some hoses
      the hoses with clips can just be removed with long nose pliers
      the other large hose needs to be dissconnected underneath the car so jack car up and support with axle stand
      look up where brake and fuel lines go and your see a join you need a (from memory) a 14mm spanner and a 17mm unscrew the 14mm headed swivel male nut and pull hose clear of steel pipe
      now go back up inside car and using a (from memory) 17mm spanner and a pair of mole grip (as a 14mm spanner will round off the nut) grip the 14mm on end of steell pipe with mole grip and undo the large nut (this will twist the whole hose to remove) be carefull not to twist steel pipe coming from top of tank
      now get underneath the car and pull hose clear
      you will see that the hose is quite stiff because of the clear cover over it (i just cut this off and this allows the hose to be more flexible for refittin)
      remove all 8mm nuts from tank and pull out fuel pump assembly
      reassemble in reverse of removal
      hope this helps
      mike

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks for that mike then i gotta get a fpr and the fueling should be sorted then:D

        Comment


        • #5
          dont cut the pipe do it properly and remove the tank

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fcmmotorsport View Post
            dont cut the pipe do it properly and remove the tank
            where does it say cut the pipe ?
            its only evo 4 to 6 you need to drop tank
            http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=284329
            read reply #10

            i see gazzor has cut hose

            trying to drop tank in early car is nigh on impossible due the pipe you want to remove being fixed to the body of car and lid of tank
            Last edited by ex-gtir; 04-10-2009, 11:21 AM. Reason: looked at picture

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ex-gtir View Post
              where does it say cut the pipe ?
              its only evo 4 to 6 you need to drop tank
              http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=284329
              read reply #10

              i see gazzor has cut hose

              trying to drop tank in early car is nigh on impossible due the pipe you want to remove being fixed to the body of car and lid of tank
              i have never had a problem droping the tank mike. just me i like doing things he hard way mate. have looked before at removing the pump in place and couldent work it out :)

              Comment


              • #8
                but you dont need drop the tank to do it properly on evo 1 to 3's

                Comment


                • #9
                  now i got a bit of time off work im gonna get this done how easy is it to hard wire while im there and what will i need?(laymans terms people)lol also how long should this take?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nickevo2rs View Post
                    now i got a bit of time off work im gonna get this done how easy is it to hard wire while im there and what will i need?(laymans terms people)lol also how long should this take?

                    this is going to take you prob most of a day to do all of it. you need some decent size cable a fuse and holder plus a relay.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just wondering, have you installed your pump yet ? Was it a direct replacement or was some modification required, and also which part number walbro is it ?

                      Been trying to find a pump for my car (Evo 3) but come across 2 different Walbro pumps.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dupstone View Post
                        Just wondering, have you installed your pump yet ? Was it a direct replacement or was some modification required, and also which part number walbro is it ?

                        Been trying to find a pump for my car (Evo 3) but come across 2 different Walbro pumps.
                        I'm in a similar situation now. Does anyone have an answer?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Golfer View Post
                          I'm in a similar situation now. Does anyone have an answer?
                          Yes, the GSS342 will bolt in. I was running this for a while, comes with the filter etc. https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=22738 .

                          I eventually moved from the 255 to a 450 E85 compatible pump a few years back.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X