No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    I am in the middle of a engine conversion.
    I am installing a 4g63 engine from a Evo 3 in my Mitsubishi GTO.
    I am some way into it now, and am hoping for completion in time for the JapShow finale at Santa Pod.
    I will upload a few pictures of how I am getting on shortly.
    I am hoping to source a few items I am missing, along with sone 4g63 knowledge.
    Marty

Comment

This was the engine just installed.
      Nothing connected yet.
      certainly lighter than the 6g72 I removed!
      marty

Comment

Interesting swap. Is it staying AWD? There is room for a gigantor turbo on there.

Comment

Awd is staying for certain.
          the transfer box is on, as is the prop shaft.
          The non turbo GTO used a Mitsubishi awd system, which is almost the same as the 123 evo .
          So, I'm using a combination of non turbo GTO and Evo, and 1.8 gsr lancer drivetrain.
          It's a bit of a journey into the unknown, but it's all working out okay ish so far.
          Marty

Comment

Ow thatís a mad swap good luck and come here for advice this will be the best place.

Comment

This is quite the build, one I myself have thought of in the past. Truly interested to see where this goes. Open up a build thread and post up your journey we'd love to help out.

- Pisarski

Comment

Not quite ready for a full build thread yet.
                I will be after some parts though.
                Many thanks.
                Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty k. View Post
                  Not quite ready for a full build thread yet.
                  I will be after some parts though.
                  Many thanks.
                  Marty
                  A build thread is about seeing the vehicle evolve. Doesn't need to be complete. I begun my first ever build thread with photos of simply painting the window surrounds! It's just great to see a vehicle go from one look and be fully turned around.

Comment

A different route certainly, I owned an N/A GTO many moons ago. Id imagine a big powered 4G63 block will help move it quicker than it was. Fair play to you...

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
                      A different route certainly, I owned an N/A GTO many moons ago. Id imagine a big powered 4G63 block will help move it quicker than it was. Fair play to you...
                      Mine is a tt.
                      I'm kind of dropping in power, to go down a different path.
                      more power will come after I get it running.
                      I really need to learn more about the engine before I start to increase power.
                      I'm kind of also hoping it will reduce the overall weight to a reasonably significant degree.
                      I will sort build thread soon, for anyone interested.
                      many thanks.
                      Marty
                      Last edited by Marty k.; 16-08-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

6 to 4 cylinders.. 2 to 1 turbo. 2 to 1 set of manifolds. Will definitely drop in weight upfront. 100% help with weight distribution. Also concerning your questions about the engine. There is substantial information on the information about them. They make 300bhp+ extremely easy. I hope this gets running soon, I absolutely love this build idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X