No announcement yet.

EVO 1 RS. Track/Road Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a few more hours at it, got the front suspension and arms re installed, then I went to start at the back, its all mechano style right! Until a captive nut sheared on me the expletives filled the garage for a while. The captive nut is in a chassis rail and zero access from the rear. Initially I though ok, cut a slot to allow a long socket to grip the bolt, but nope. No access. Gotta head scratch for a while with that. It may be beyone my capabilities

Just before it, all laid out ready to fit...

Comment

• Front Suspension, hubs and arms all in, just calipers and lines to finish off.

Comment

• Front calipers and lines installed along with new pads. OEM pads for now until this thing is moving. Then to upgrade to Mintex or Carbotech later on when its road bound.
        Then a momentous occasion, it was time to start refitting at the rear, starting with the fuel tank, subframe, Differential and the protection plates. This means it will soon be rolling, and rolling off for paint!
        So momentous to me ive left the file in its original 'large' format on Imgur

Comment

• Unsure if there is any point making an effort to update this thread! No one on the forum at all!

Comment

• We are still here. Just busy buddy. Sucks. That this all happened. I want it to come back.

Comment

• I love what you've done with the car lately. Don't stop updating, please!

Comment

• Onwards so!

Things moving swiftly on, the car is potentially being taken off me on Friday. The paint guy wants it in his workshop to make a start. It wont be a quick turnaround though.

The rear end all buttoned up now...Just calipers and propshaft to go on, but these wont go on until its back from paint. The car will be loaded up and shipped out, Im trying to make life as easy as possible for the paint shop

Nothing can beat a before and after photo to help with the self belief!

I need to get a move on with the internal primer coat!
                Last edited by miller; 04-10-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• This is nuts. I miss doing this so much...... I can't wait to get my hands on one again.

Comment

Working...
                  X