No announcement yet.

Alex's Evolution II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex, your car reminds me of the Roger Clarke gobstopper.

So overengineered that nothing will go wrong, leaving you to polish between events/stages.

I take my hat off to you man, one hell of a piece of art your building.

Comment

• this is easily one of the most incredible cars i have ever seen! good job!

Comment

• WOW those are beyond compliments guys. Thanks so much for that. Really not deserved. The Gobstopper is an incredible car.

Next week should produce some good photos. I'm going to assemble the brakes, mount the fan, finish the front bumper mounting and hopefully mount the rear arms.

Week after that will hopefully yield a turbo if I can sell these wheels.. then Bill can work his magic on the manifold and finish the wastegate mounting and finally the exhaust which is something I'm looking forward to.

Bill has decided 3.5 inch. I'm not showing any resistance to that. :eat:

This is the last one he made. (Evo 8)

Comment

• incredible custom work on the exhaust..but i expect nothing less from you. :highfive:

Comment

• Originally posted by agrabau View Post
            Thanks Mayhem! That means a lot coming from you. :dance:

Alex
            Dude, I'm just a mad Scotsman, with a taste for beer, love for my girl and a love of fast cars. I ain't done any build anywhere near your quality. :good:

Originally posted by agrabau View Post
            WOW those are beyond compliments guys. Thanks so much for that. Really not deserved. The Gobstopper is an incredible car.
            Totally deserved dude. :smile-big:

Comment

and finally the exhaust which is something I'm looking forward to.

Bill has decided 3.5 inch. I'm not showing any resistance to that. :eat:
              Could you ask Bill to make 2 of everything......shipping to Newfoundland is not too bad........

Comment

• got to say bill and yourself inspire me greatly and your development has to be the furthest anyone has taken an early evo (bar mitsubishi / ralliart rally team but all that info seams to be lost)
                hope to see more great fabrication (that i can copy)

Comment

• Originally posted by ex-gtir View Post
                  hope to see more great fabrication (that i can copy)
                  ditto :)

Comment

• The wheels sold this afternoon! :)

That means this-

can finally be ordered.

Comment

• Aww man, I just know we're in for some sweet pics soon! :smile-big:

Comment

• Alex... Your car is EPIC...that is all

Comment

• Manifold is done. Springs have been installed on the double slip joints and the wastegate pairing is done. Photos tomorrow~

Turbo is on the way too. (happy dance)

Comment

• Whyy whyyyyy are you doin this to uuussss?????
                            i wannaa cryyyyyy !!!!!!!!

:D :D

****in awesome man !!
                            more pics are needed !!
                            :bling:

Comment

• Rear arms are installed. I talked to my friend who is going to repaint the front end after we're done mocking it up. He ordered the paint today.

Turbo is not here yet but we've modified the turbine housing to accept a V band outlet (Saving money)

And finally the engine harness is hooked up to all sensors.. baby steps.
                              Last edited by agrabau; 14-07-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Rear arms are installed. I talked to my friend who is going to repaint the front end after we're done mocking it up. He ordered the paint today.

Turbo is not here yet but we've modified the turbine housing to accept a V band outlet (Saving money)

And finally the engine harness is hooked up to all sensors.. baby steps.
                                SEX!!!! i totally have to drive down to boston some day to see your evo!

Comment

Working...
                                X