No announcement yet.

Alex's Evolution II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhem- you nailed it. It's the throttle kicker for the ALS. I used a group N strategy before with rotational idle to keep the revs down with the throttle open. It was very difficult to drive around at low throttle that way. So now we'll use a Group A or "open class" strategy with this vacuum actuated kicker so it can idle and drive as normal.

It's a 2 port actuator so there is no delay in opening and closing. We still need to make a small vacuum pot for it.

Comment

• Very nice, and def te best way to do it. As you've shown, it makes life so much easier.

Custom, or we're you lucky enough to find an original style unit?

Comment

• Very nice work. Keen to see what power your setup will make.

Comment

• Mayhem, it's a commonly available part from a US built SUV : )

Comment

• what wing mirrors are you using on your car ?

saw a picture on lancer register! and thought they looked pritty good from what i could see!

have any pictures?

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVQb2TB0KDM

Tuning is done! Another video coming soon. Boughtitcheap- I got them on Ebay UK. I think they're cheapy Group A replicas.

Comment

• Another 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DVY49Vbh4

Comment

• awsome!

what power did it produce?

have you had chance to drive it yet?

have you got any pictures of the car as it stands at the moment?

Comment

• Comment

• Epic!!!

Comment

• awesome congrats must feel good rollin in the evo :D

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrpju-15MAY

Comment

• One more- finish of Saturday's practice at Mt Washington Hillclimb-

www.climbtotheclouds.com

Comment

• Nice one Alex, that vid clip shows she has a pretty brutal note when at full chat...

:good: Love it mate, more vids please! :smile-big:

Comment

• Thanks Mayhem! I'm trying to upload some in car now. I accidentally left the camera on and made the world's most boring 30 minute movie from an 8 minute run. Soonafter I killed the battery in the camera and it didn't capture the best run I had. Anyway... I'll post that soon and I think that there will be a lot more from others soon.

Thanks for the support everyone. I was so happy to drive the car this weekend. Beyond that, nothing broke the entire weekend! I just gave it the once-over after every session on the hill to make sure crucial pieces wouldn't break and send me off a cliff.

Comment

Working...
                                X