Alex's Evolution II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agrabau View Post
    Nik, ship her over for next year's event! You can use our shop to reprep.
    R u talking to me ? :)
    Only the ticket to ship my ass would be too expensive.. i dont want to even ask on shipping the car over to the us .
    I wish i could do that man !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nikolas4g63 View Post
      R u talking to me ? :)
      Only the ticket to ship my ass would be too expensive.. i dont want to even ask on shipping the car over to the us .
      I wish i could do that man !!!
      We could use my 75% off shipping with fedex hehe But yeh still would cost a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by poirier4 View Post
        We could use my 75% off shipping with fedex hehe But yeh still would cost a lot
        What 75% off shipping??????
        Dont get me ideas dudeee!!!!

Comment

• We just learned that the event won't be run in 2012 but possibly again in 2013. There are some scheduling issues with rallying and rally x that would make the season too hectic for some competitors and organizers. Very disappointing to me.

There are some updates on my car. At the moment the engine is out. I'm building a spare block and a new engine for the car. This one will be a 2.2 liter with similar parts to before. I'm also working on eliminating the brake servo, a new engine harness (finally found Mitsubishi pins that should work for some of the connectors) and some body modifications that I'm mostly worried over. Hopefully the car comes out ok. I've cut more off the rear fenders for some additional wheel travel and basically reconstructed the rear wheel wells with sheetmetal so they're smooth and won't catch the tires anywhere.

I'm trying to find some fender flares that work. Ideally they would be metal so I could weld them to the car.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've updated. I've been very busy with work and other people's cars. I just finished my 2.2 liter stroker motor build. Some changes from last year. Custom rods so I can use the offset wrist pin pistons from an Evo 8 for the 94mm stroke crank. I'm using a 6 bolt crank and block still.

I'm putting the motor and freshly checked over gearbox back in the car this weekend. The next step is planning out a new wiring harness. I bought AMP pins and connectors as well as some Tefzel wire for the engine harness construction. I'm going to be building it to a high standard and bought a few special crimpers for the project.

AMP pins for ECU

I've been hording parts a bit. I sold my SARD injectors for the new Bosch ID 1000 injectors. I also bought a Ralliart group N brake servo eliminator to get the booster out of the car. Finally I'm going to be finishing some long overdue bodywork and deciding on what fender flares I'm going to use, then paint the fender areas in the back.

More photos soon

Comment

• line-honed mains with ACL race bearings and ARP main studs.

Comment

• Hoping for bigger air in 2012.

Comment

• love it! I am interested to see what you do about the flares :)

Edited due to cold med noobusness
                  Last edited by sirnixalot; 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• good stuff alex, cant wait to see the next round of mods

with the booster removal, I dont know if your interested but I actually purchased a bolt on pedal box kit for an evo 7 and it went straight it, has bias adjustment etc...

Comment

• That is interesting Doug. We bought a similar one of those for another customer. The box and pedals were great but the cylinders it came with weren't too good. (easily swapped)

That might be my next option really if the bias is bad. I planned on moving the attachment to the pedal to increase leverage as a beginning.

Comment

• to be honest im mildly sus on the clyinders that came with mine too, but as you say easily upgraded.
                        The one I have actually connects to the stock pedal too. Nice and easy.

Comment

• Some more progress before the 2012 season starts.

New wiring harness to both get rid of the Evo 1-3 to Evo 8 adapter and also simplify/improve quality. This is all Tefzel silver multistrand teflon coated wire with new plugs and pins on just about everything.

This photo is the layout

19 pin bayonet style mil/autosport bulkhead connector for interface with chassis harness

Printed heat shrink wire labels. The next step is looming it all into the shrink wrap and then installing the pins

Comment

• A couple more photos-

Inconel turbo studs with silver coated inconel nuts

Ralliart Group N servo eliminator. (engine bay is a little dirty lookin at this moment)

Comment

• Looking good chief, looking good. :good:

Quick question for you, where are you sourcing new engine harness/loom plugs from?

I ask as I am putting serious thought to 'jig'ing one of my old looms, and making a new one, but it would be pointless if I can't source new plugs.

Comment

• All over the place. I have a selection of both AMP and KUM pins for the connectors. It took about 10 hours to find them. I can sell pins if anyone wants them in quantity.

Comment

Working...
                                X