X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agrabau View Post
    A couple more photos-

Inconel turbo studs with silver coated inconel nuts

Ralliart Group N servo eliminator. (engine bay is a little dirty lookin at this moment)

that ralliart group n serve eliminator is awesome! good work on the loom! keep it up

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoMayhem View Post
      Looking good chief, looking good. :good:

Quick question for you, where are you sourcing new engine harness/loom plugs from?

I ask as I am putting serious thought to 'jig'ing one of my old looms, and making a new one, but it would be pointless if I can't source new plugs.
      Originally posted by agrabau View Post
      All over the place. I have a selection of both AMP and KUM pins for the connectors. It took about 10 hours to find them. I can sell pins if anyone wants them in quantity.
      I have so far decided by default to only replace the existing wiring & re-loom.. You say you have most connectors? I would be open to buying, but not in bulk :)

edit: I am referring to engine connectors. IE: a brand new alternator connector w/ crimp, brand new thermostat connector w/ crimp etc.
      Last edited by evo1ricericerice; 20-02-2012, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• I don't have the connector plugs, just the pins. I'm de-pinning the OEM connectors and crimping new pins to the new wires. Some of the Mitsubishi/AMP connectors can be exchanged with AMP connectors that are available off the shelf.

Comment

• Crimping new pins for old plugs is a bit pointless for me, as a lot of the plugs are broken, hence me asking about plugs.

I'll have a look at this AMP lot though.

Comment

• Cars looking great! Where did you get the servo eliminator from and how much? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoMayhem View Post
              Crimping new pins for old plugs is a bit pointless for me, as a lot of the plugs are broken, hence me asking about plugs.

I'll have a look at this AMP lot though.
              Wonder if soldave can get unmolested engine harnesses from Japan? You could use the plugs from that fairly new engine harness & the crimps agrabau is using.

Comment

• Alex,

What size tires were you able to mount on the Enkei's and stuff under the car with the flares?

I really don't want to go any larger a diameter than what I am at now (225/50R16 @ 24.8" diameter) so i may just end up sticking with some 8.5" wide PF01's and 245/40R17 R1R's (I may step down to 245/35R17 @ 23.8" diameter).

I really wanted to go with some XXR 9.75" wide 17's but figured 275's would be too tall to fit without jacking the ride height up

Comment

• The entire car is being painted this weekend. Metal flares welded, smoothed in and painted as well. The paint needs to be buffed still but it's very shiny!!

Sirnixalot-

The Enkeis are 17*9 I think. They're like a 30 offset and I have a spacer in the back. Not sure what the net result is but I run a 255/40/17 tire. I ran 275s for a little bit. They made the steering feel heavy and rubbed everywhere. I'd recommend buying a soft 255 for time attack and running those.
                  Last edited by agrabau; 01-04-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Harness is all done. This photo was missing a couple of boots for the AMP connectors which I've since installed.

Comment

• Builtforspeed- It's a group N part from an Evo 4-9. It's made by Ralliart. Very expensive.. the one downside. I got it from Evoparts.org.

Comment

• Originally posted by agrabau View Post
                        Builtforspeed- It's a group N part from an Evo 4-9. It's made by Ralliart. Very expensive.. the one downside. I got it from Evoparts.org.
                        How hard do you think it would be to machine that thing now that you have it in your hands?

Also I know Ive asked this before but I couldnt find the answer. What are the specs on your old TE37

Thanks

Comment

• I think it would be pretty time consuming. The block of alu that you'd need to start with is pretty big which would be expensive. Then each flange would need clocking. The up side is that it wouldn't have to be as long as the Group N model as the lengths don't need to be to a standard for our cars. This means that the whole unit could be much shorter and less expensive.

The TE's were a long time ago. I know I've posted specs somewhere. They were 16 and I think 8 wide. The offset was in the 30s. I think 33. I had to pull the rear fenders a bit to get them to work well but nothing crazy.

Comment

• Alex is back!!! Any updates boss????

Comment

• Sorry I don't have any updates. I bought a house. I don't have any spare time for the car this year. Maybe next year. She's been parked and I've been racing my bicycle!

Comment

• ah,.. yeh i'm in the same situation though saving up for a cashdown on a house

Comment

Working...
                                X