No announcement yet.

Alex's Evolution II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's strangely satisfying. My next project is to prep the barn to make a workshop at home. Endless projects.

My goal for the car is to get everything perfect for next season and do it by Jan. That way the car can roll out at a moment's notice. I tried to do a little too much this year and working on cars combined with a car-hobby is a little overwhelming. I need to wire the Stack ST400 tacho and then terminate the CAS connector. There are other electrical items to finish as well. I don't think I posted these yet.

Last edited by agrabau; 14-07-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by agrabau View Post
      It's strangely satisfying. My next project is to prep the barn to make a workshop at home. Endless projects.

My goal for the car is to get everything perfect for next season and do it by Jan. That way the car can roll out at a moment's notice. I tried to do a little too much this year and working on cars combined with a car-hobby is a little overwhelming. I need to wire the Stack ST400 tacho and then terminate the CAS connector. There are other electrical items to finish as well. I don't think I posted these yet.

nice, and ya once you get started on a house you can't stop cuz even though your car's your baby, you only go riding a couple times a year wear as your house you live you see every day :P good luck man still in the boston area?

Comment

• I'm working on the harness again, needing to terminate the connections between the new body harness and the new engine harness. Still on the list for final connection-

Fan (run by Autronic)
        Wipers (simplified 1 speed)
        Fuel pump (haven't thought about a level sensor yet..TBD
        CAS in engine bay needs to be terminated with a plug

That should be it.. then we can make some power with the new 2.2!

Comment

• looking forward to the pictures, videos and results when the time comes!

Comment

• Same here!

Comment

• ditto!!

Comment

• I had a couple PM's so I thought I'd check back in here. I haven't done much to the car. It's in the air resting for someday in the future. This winter I bought a Life F88R Ecu which I consider to be a major upgrade over the Autronic SMC. Now I'll have launch control, multiple ALS maps and also switchable engine maps. There are other upgrades like 3 axis G sensor so it can draw courses and then log segments.. something for the future perhaps.

9368507743_58be31e88e.jpg

The ECU uses a Bosch connector so I had to essentially cut off my old work that I JUST finished and repin for the new connector. This was a chance to mark all the wires.

The Life F88R is the same ECU as used in the Nissan Deltawing dick car.

Last edited by agrabau; 26-07-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• 6795998444_d769ed86cd.jpg

I forgot to post some other progress from last year. I thought it would be a huge advantage to gain as much wheel travel as possible for hillclimbing especially. I bought some new fenders and then cut them carefully to raise the arch about 3 inches. I did the same on the rear and then cut sheetmetal to fix exposed holes in the trunk and door etc (doors still work) so I could get the wheels way more tucked into the car without sacrificing travel. The rear shock towers are raised 2 inches already.

I then cut simple sheetmetal fenders and tacked them on. The car went to the bodyshop after and was completely repainted. The door handles removed, sills redone, everything. So right now as the car sits idly it has a zero mile stroker, zero mile dogbox, fresh paint, new ECU.. all dressed up and nowhere to go.

7034789945_bc7429f9fa.jpg

7034789979_7ccfab40cb.jpg

Front fender flare-

6888696414_6ddf255d0b.jpg

Comment

• Good to see your still about with this Alex, think last time we spoke it had an argument with some trees!!.....im back in another Evo2 for sprints this year and enjoying it :D

Ian

Comment

• Unbelievable work mate! This thing rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by armstrong View Post
                        Unbelievable work mate! This thing rocks!!

Thanks a lot Armstrong. It's scheduled to come out of short-retirement this June for an event. Some updates still left to do but I'm working away slowly.

Alex

Comment

• How are you finding the life racing ecu?
                          it looks like its got a pretty decent spec but i don't know of anyone using them.
                          DBW throttle opens up all sorts of possibilites!

Comment

• I'm using a Syvecs s8, which is in effect a rebranded Life Racing F88

Comment

• Originally posted by Evo1RS View Post
                              How are you finding the life racing ecu?
                              it looks like its got a pretty decent spec but i don't know of anyone using them.
                              DBW throttle opens up all sorts of possibilites!
                              I'll be sure to let you know. I'm very hands-off with ECU tuning. I'd like to know more about it and be better but I'm very lucky to have two friends who are very well known at ECU tuning for race cars so I let them handle that. I consider this ECU to be good if these guys have a smooth experience mapping the car and if my car starts and runs smoothly. The additional inputs and more advanced ALS options are going to be the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by agrabau

Epic shot

Comment

Working...
                                X